Wadesboro held its annual Chirstmas Parade adn Christmas Tree Lighting Dec. 5. Click here for pictures of the events.
Uptown Beautification - Fire Hydrant Adoption Program
The Wadesboro Fire Department is considering starting a Fire Hydrant adoption program for the hydrants in the Uptown area. The purpose is to help beautify our Uptown. Special thanks to the Anson New Tech students who came up with this idea.
This program would involve an organization or a citizen picking a hydrant(s) to adopt, they would then present their proposal for painting or decorating hydrant to the Fire Chief or his designee. The possible designs should be in good taste and family friendly. The only cost to adopt a hydrant would be the paint used to decorate it. The adoption period would be a minimum of 1 year, longer if they desire.
The rules would include:
We are requesting the Chamber of Commerce, Uptown Wadesboro, and Arts Council to help get the word out.
Adoption forms will be available at City Hall, Fire Station, Chamber of Commerce, and Arts Council.
- Do not obstruct the three foot (3’) clearance around the hydrant to insure access during emergencies.
- Nothing can be attached to the hydrant.
- The paint used to decorate the hydrant must be high quality, high gloss exterior enamel.
- Hydrant attire must be in good taste and family friendly, no advertisement.
- The Fire Chief or his designee must approve all designs before painting.
- Any touch up or repainting shall be done by the adopter during the adoption period.
- Further rules can be added as the Fire Chief or his designee deems it needed.
To download a printable form, click here.
Hours for the Wadesboro Park are 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. November 1 through March 31.
New Fall Leaf Collection Guidelines
Water Adjustment Policy
Tap fees, deposits, and reconnects
Golf Cart Ordinance
Golf Cart Registration
Request for Informal Bids
Storm Water Pipe Lining Project
- Click here for more information.
- New Wadesboro Fire Department: click here for more information.
- New Telecommunicator/Firefighter: click here for more information.
- Street Department: click here for more information.
- Sewer Superintendent: click here for more information.
- Click here for an on-line job application.
Town of Wadesboro Holiday Closings
The Wadesboro Town Hall will be closed December 24-26 for the Christmas holiday. There will be no garbage pickup on those days. Pickup will resume regular schedule Dec. 27.
The Wadesboro Town Hall will be closed January 1 due to the New Year's holiday. There will be no garbage pickup that day. Normal routes will resume Jan. 2
Dec. 9-13: Wadesboro Elementary School will hold open a Christmas Shoppe, offering new or gently used items for sale. Volunteers will wrap each gift purchased. Proceeds benefit students who cannot afford to participate in planned field trips because of the cost. Contributions are welcome. For more information, call 704.694.9383.
Dec. 12: The Wadesboro Town Council will hold a special meeting at 5 p.m. to discuss a personnel matter.
Dec. 14: The Wadesboro Police Department will host a Polar Bear Run and Christmas Festival from 8 a.m. to noon to benefit the department's Shop with a Cop program. Register at www.wadesboropolice.com.
Dec. 15: Harvest Ministries will hold its annual Christmas Blessing Event from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a free meal and toy give-away. To get a ride or to donate to the event, call 704.695.2879.
Dec. 15: "It's a Wonderful Life": Live from WVL Radio Theatre" will be presented at the Ansonia Theatre at 3 p.m. For tickets and/or more information, visit www.ansoniatheatre.com or call 704.694.4950.
Dec. 18: Organist Charles Litaker will perform a free program of Christmas carols at noon at First United Methodist Church.
Dec. 21: Christmas dinner for homeless, sick, needy and shut-ins will be served at the Lockhart-Taylor Center at 11 a.m. Volunteers and donations welcome. Call 704.848.4412.
March 26-28: Grace Senior Center is sponsoring a trip to Lancaster, Pa., to tour the Amish country. Tour includes live theater performance, craft farm and farmers market. Please call 704-694-6616 for details. Deadline to pay is March 7.